Wednesday 16 April 2014

Woodpecker


Most regular readers of my blog will know that DS is a keen wildlife photographer. As he is eleven years old, I can't really send him off to nature reserves by himself. There is only so far you can get on a scooter! This week I took him to Warnham nature reserve, which is council run nature and hence very cheap to get into. It's great for a few hours out in the afternoon. The people there are very friendly and very encouraging to my mini-naturalist. They have an extensive bird feeder section and I was pretty pleased to get a photo of this greater spotted woodpecker, which was on a niftily designed woodpecker feeder.

4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing picture! I think it's wonderful that your son has such a great hobby, and I loved the piece about the ex nest. He is very talented. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sybs! He was really chuffed to show up on your blog roll. Lesley x

      Delete
    2. Oh Lesley what a beautiful photograph and how talented DS is. It looks as if he may have a career in wild life photography - can I have his autograph now? Seeing DS's photograph makes me realise just how beautiful this lovely bird is. Lesley as always you produce such interesting posts which is why I always love to visit you. Have a fabulous Easter Lesley, sending you lots of loves and hugs
      Dorothy
      :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
    3. Thanks Dorothy! Happy Easter to you too! Lesley x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!