Friday 4 April 2014

Hoping for chillies

DS has always had a passion for trying to germinate all kinds of seeds. Over the years various pots, containing apple pips, orange seeds or avocado stones have graced our windowsill, with varying degrees of success. One apple seedling did make it as far as the garden, but had a dry and dusty demise.

I cook quite a lot of spicy food and usually buy little packets of fresh chillies from the supermarket. I have often thought about growing my own, but never actually gone for it. Today DS took the initiative, and now I have a chilli nursery on my dining room windowsill. Like all good maternity units, the pots are carefully labelled. Pete, Toby and their siblings won't get mixed up!


He used seeds from a supermarket chilli, so I shall be interested to see if they germinate. If you look very carefully through my window, you can see our rabbit in its run. I will introduce him properly one day, because he is rather lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely Lesley always love popping over to see you. I will be so interested to see how you get on with your chillies - love your little rabbit, can't wait to be introduced! Have a lovely week Lesley, sending you big hugs
    Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, rabbit post on the way soon! Lesley x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!