Thursday 13 February 2014

Cheesy broccoli pasta

I am still enjoying my weekly delivery of veggies. My supplier has a new family box cleverly called the "star-spudded" box. This is great because it is heavier on carrots and potatoes and lighter on fennel and aubergines. In other words, kids are more likely to eat the contents. Don't get me wrong, I am all for children being exposed to new vegetables, and I am sure many of you have offspring who will happily tuck into kohl rabi or Jerusalem artichokes. All of my efforts with DD have spectacularly failed and anything beyond carrots, peas and onions is definitely suspect.

However, broccoli does feature regularly in my box. DD will not eat it; for her it ranks slightly below Brussels sprouts in her league of most-hated veg. She does, however, love macaroni cheese so I had a go at a cheesy broccoli pasta bake, (recipe here).


It was very easy to make and very tasty to eat. DH is lactose intolerant and we always use lactose-free milk. He loved it and didn't suffer unduly. DD picked out all the broccoli. Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. It looks yummy to me, even if not as successful as you hoped with your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley I think I commented a while ago about your veg boxes saying that I was really thinking about it and with your new recipe here I am very tempted once again. It looks so yummy and inviting and I could just eat a plate of it right now! A lovely post as always Lesley, your blog is a joy to read. Big hugs and loves to you, hope you are all ok and not suffering with these awful floods.
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!