Tuesday 9 July 2013

A fool for rhubarb!

Rhubarb season is in full swing in our back garden. We have four crowns; two mature plants and two babies. Having been cut off in it's prime back in the spring, one plant is really going for it and pushing out loads of stalks. Normally I am a crumble girl, but in this current hot weather I just couldn't face it. So today I rang the changes and made rhubarb and cardamom fool. (Recipe here).


It is very yummy, and is a little healthier than some fools as it is made from yoghurt and cream. It is also very easy to make, as long as you remember to remove the cardamom pods before blending. No prizes for guessing who spent ages removing little black seeds from the results! Does anyone else have any good ways of using up rhubarb?

1 comment:

  1. Lesley I could just dip my finger into this and eat it, it looks yummy
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!