Friday 7 June 2013

The veg box arrives!


Today was the day of my first veg box delivery. I'd spent the morning at the mercy of the dentist so I was glad of something to cheer me up in the afternoon! I'd ordered a small box, which turned out to be fairly big. It contained:
  • 200g kale
  • 5 carrots
  • asparagus
  • mushrooms
  • 2 courgettes
  • large bag baby spinach (more toddler than baby!)
  • large bag mixed salad leaves
  • 3 large onions
At the moment I am thinking of fish pie to use up the spinach, courgette loaf, asparagus dipped in poached eggs and a pasta sauce with the kale. I've found a recipe for the pasta sauce; if it is any good I will let you know.

I don't intend to get too obsessive about this. If I need to top up with a few bits from the supermarket then I will. I also hope to do a price comparison with the supermarket. Although I may get a few strange looks!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Have you seen the recipe for zucchini fries? I want to try my hand at them.

    I've not had pasta sauce with kale so I'll be waiting for a review.

    I do like kale cooked with onion and garlic in olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that recipe so I shall look it out. When it comes to courgettes/zucchini I need all the help I can get!

      Delete
  2. It does look good! and it is all useful stuff. The planned recipes sound great as well. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley this looks delicious and I can't wait to hear about your recipes. Am still undecided whether it would be suitable for us so really interested in how you get on. Have a wonderful Sunday Lesley
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!