Tuesday 19 February 2013

A first ripple

DD has decided that her room decor needs some attention. She has a point - it's a long time since she has been into pink. Her room is overwhelmingly pink; definitely not the look for a near teenager. At the moment she is thinking of a career in something vaguely design based, so she is coming up with her own ideas. I'm pretty sure this will not extend to wielding a paint brush; she sees herself more in a supervisory role!

She chose some very cheap duvet covers as a starting point. They combine owls, her current favourite, with lots of colours. Next on the list was a cushion cover. Could I oblige with my new found but limited crochet skills? 

Fortunately I had just the pattern from a fabulous book "Cute and Easy Crochet" which Angela recommended. I bought it with some birthday money and have been admiring it ever since.


The pattern is a wavy ripple pattern which seems to be relatively simple. I had to adapt it a little as I bought cheap DK yarn rather than the chunky yarn recommended. 


DD and I spent quite a while matching up the colours with the pillowcase. In the end I was really pleased that we managed to get budget yarn brands for nearly all the colours. After all, she's not going to be wearing it!


Although I enjoy crochet I haven't got to the stage where I don't have to think about it. It is still a slow process for me; hopefully it will be finished before she leaves home!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it IS a fab book - hope you enjoy it as much as I do [I have not got round to doing the ripple stuff yet]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!