Saturday 13 October 2012

Living Simply

As I was buzzing around the supermarket this morning I saw something that made me stop, and it's had me thinking ever since. In the magazine aisle there was a publication dedicated to simple living. It was full of beautiful photography, with articles on such topics as baking bread and country walks. It was also £4.99 a month! It had an article entitled "Things to wake up and want..."

In my little blog biography I say that "I try to live a simple life". I am trying to work out what this means. To me it means appreciating what I have been blessed with, using resources wisely, treading lightly on the earth, enjoying God's world and living in community with others. Although I do not claim to have the frugal lifestyle of some of those bloggers I admire, to me a simple life includes contentment with what I have. Needless to say, I didn't buy the magazine!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I saw that too! I have discovered the mag has a blog,[http://www.thes****ethings.com/] and there are quite a few crafts ideas / recipes / etc I might try. But at least these are free to read and you do not spend £5 on a magazine which has a LOT of ads, for stuff you REALLY do not need.

    blessings, fellow frugal friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!