Wednesday 3 October 2012

Birthday weekend

On Sunday I reached a milestone. The clues to the number are easy:


Yes, I have now had 22 years practice of being 18! As DD pointed out, it was more a matter of survival than achievement! When we got back from church I found some guerilla bunting.


I eventually found that these were made by a good friend of mine, out of pants! She got them very cheaply and had them sewn together. That wasn't the only surprise of the day. Having been told that I was going out for a sandwich, I was taken to a local country house for a surprise party organised by my small group at church. 

They also presented me with this lovely Willow Tree sculpture. I love Susan Lordi's figurines; a family of them already grace my windowsill. This one is called "Grateful".


I had a lovely weedend, was waited on hand and foot, and ate vast amounts of cake. DH and DD collaborated on the cake; I was very impressed with the outcome.


I can't write this neatly on paper; DH managed it on his first attempt with writing icing!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!