Friday 31 August 2012

Yoghurt pot cakes (or what to do when the kitchen scales break!)

Watching the Hairy Bikers last week using yoghurt in fairy cakes reminded me of a recipe a friend gave me years ago. I fancied having another go at it so I dug it out. The beauty of this recipe is that it is incredibly simple. You can use any flavour yoghurt to make the cakes. I used lemon, but blueberry and fudge are also particularly good. The pot is then used to measure out the rest of the ingredients, making it a really good recipe if you are in a hurry.

Ingredients

150ml pot of yoghurt
1 pot caster sugar
3 pots self raising flour
3 eggs
1 pot sunflower oil

Method

Put the whole lot in a bowl and whisk together. That is all there is to it! Bake at 190 C for at least 15 minutes until golden brown on top. This quantity makes 12 big muffins. I made 24 mini-muffins and 12 fairy cakes. 

I admit they are not Great British Bake Off standard!

After a bit of jiggery-pokery with the calculator I make the calories for a mini-muffin to be 80 and the saturated fat to be 0.9g, which isn't bad if you are on, or supposed to be on, a diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!